Basic Mathematics III (Area and Volume). As a result of successful
completion of this subcourse, you will be able to perform the
following performance measures:
1. Explain the difference between linear measure and square measure.
2. Solve problems in linear conversion in terms of inches, feet, and
3. Solve problem in the conversion of square measure to include
square inches, square feet, and square yards.
4. Compute the area of rectangles and squares.
5. Explain the difference between the radius, diameter, and
6. Determine the circumference of a circle when given the diameter;
the diameter of a circle when given the circumference; and the
radius of a circle when given the circumference or diameter.
8. Compute the volume of cubes, rectangular solids, and cylinders.
Given this subcourse, you will be able to do basic mathematics III
(area and volume).
You must answer 75 percent of the written exam questions correctly
to receive credit for this subcourse.
See page ii, Introduction.