Basic Mathematics IV (Ratio and Proportion). As a result of successful
completion of this lesson, you will be able to perform the following
1. Define ratio and proportion.
2. Express ratio and proportion in both written and verbal fonts.
3. Explain the different terms used in ratio and proportion.
4 Learn and apply the rules of ratio and proportion.
5. Recognize the direct and inverse types of proportion.
6. Form a proportional equation, referred to as "setting up the problem."
7. Solve various types of problems involving ratio and proportion.
Given this subcourse you will be able to do basic mathematics IV (ratio and
You must answer 75 percent of the written exam questions correctly to receive
credit for this subcourse.
See page ii, introduction.