only during COSIS cycles (30-month intervals), so an up-to-date library will be invaluable.
(4) Selecting key personnel to deploy as soon as possible, as part of the AMC LSE advance
quartering party. Key personnel include the contracting officer, the engineer officer, and the preventive
medicine NCO. The contracting officer will coordinate with the MACOM contracting officer for
nonmilitary services and materials. The engineer officer will begin the site selection process with the
site selection team and supervise site preparation. The preventive medicine NCO will conduct
surveillance of the area to determine sanitary conditions and medical requirements.
NOTE: The senior ranking company representative will lead the company personnel and will maintain
communications with the company commander concerning advance quartering party activities and
(5) Planning and preparation for a nontactical road march from home station to the port(s) of
embarkation. The plan should include the route to be taken, time, fuel requirements, and other critical
factors. Preparation for the nontactical road march begins with the performance of PMCS on mission
specific organic equipment. PMCS are also done on all organic vehicles and equipment in preparation
for an extended deployment.
b. Advance Quartering Party Activities. Key personnel and other members assigned by the
company commander, travel to the theater or AO, ahead of the unit, as part of the AMC LSE advance
quartering party. They are primarily concerned with selecting and preparing the site. Upon
procurement of an operating site, the advance quartering party will occupy the area, secure the site, and
direct site preparations. They must also perform guide functions, as required, to direct the main body to
the operating site. Their responsibilities include:
(1) Securing an appropriate site for the operation of the FP module(s).
(2) Supervising the physical preparation of the site(s) for setup of the module(s).
(3) Securing required nonmilitary support and resources for FP site preparation, setup, and
(4) Conducting surveillance to determine sanitary, environmental, and medical issues
associated with the AO.
Site Selection. The site selection process is the responsibility of the AMC LSE advance
quartering party. It begins before the main body moves from home station.