The following items will test your knowledge of the material covered in this lesson. There is only one correct
answer for each item. When you complete the exercise, check your answers with the answer key at the end of
the subcourse. If you answer any items incorrectly, go back to the part of the lesson that contains the
information involved and study again.
1. What is the required spacing between aircraft at a FARE point?
A. 75 feet.
B. 100 feet.
C. 150 feet.
D. 200 feet.
2. Unless otherwise directed, you are responsible for informing the chain of command of which of the following?
A. When PMCS is performed.
B. When the site becomes operational.
C. When fuel fails a visual check.
D. When contaminated fuel has been disposed of.
3. During operation of the FARE, what are you required to monitor?
A. Air traffic control transmissions.
B. That crew and passengers remain on board the plane during refueling.
C. Fuel stocks and accountability procedures.
D. That there are at least five people in addition to the ATC or pathfinder present during refueling
4. What is the greatest danger to personnel in refueling operations?
C. Live armaments.
D. Rotor blades.
5. During refueling operations, which of the following can be reused in order to protect the environment?
A. Rags and absorbent materials.
B. Contaminated POL products.
C. Contaminated soil.
D. Old containers.