The following items will test your knowledge of the material covered in this lesson. There is only one correct
answer for each item. When you complete the exercise, check your answers with the appropriate answer key at
the end of this subcourse. If you answer any items incorrectly, go back to the part of the lesson that contains the
information involved and study again.
1. What valve types, used at the foot of upgrade slopes, allow fuel to flow in one direction only by means of a
hinged disk or clapper?
A. Rising-stem gate valves.
B. Check valves.
C. Gate valves.
D. Beveled valves.
2. What action should you take if you discover that the packing, discs, or rings are worn in a globe valve?
A. Shut them off.
B. Separate them.
C. Lubricate them.
D. Replace them.
3. Which of the following fittings provides a connection from one diameter of pipe to some smaller diameter of
C. Standard tees.
D. Reducing tees.
4. A split leak clamp is designed to temporarily repair a leak caused by ________________.
A. A small hole in the pipe.
B. A split in the pipe.
C. The initial coupling.
D. Too much pipe.
5. Sandtraps are, in effect, sediment or settling chambers which collect dirt, scale, sludge, and floating debris
pumped through the pipeline or that accumulated during ________________.
B. Pipeline bending.
C. Pipeline cleaning.
D. Pipeline expansion.