The following items will test your knowledge of the material covered in this lesson. There is only one correct
answer for each item. When you complete the exercise, check your answers with the appropriate answer key at
the end of this subcourse. If you answer any items incorrectly, go back to the part of the lesson that contains the
information involved and study again.
1. A hydraulic system is very similar to an electrical system in two ways.In one way head capacity resembles
voltage, and in the other the flow rate resembles ________.
2. The size of the pipeline determines the _______________.
A. Cost of operation.
B. Manpower requirement.
C. Pump station connections.
D. Volume of fuel moved.
3. What commonly desired variable on the pump graph can be expressed in either gallons per minute or barrels
A. Rate of flow.
D. Vertical slope.
4. The normal head capacity of a pump station is the total head against which it will pump at the most efficient
operating point, that is ________________________.
A. The optimum standard pipeline capacity.
B. The design speed of the pumping units.
C. The maximum head rating.
D. The suction pressure operating level.
5. The minimum suction pressure at a pump station must be _______ because of pump entrance friction losses
and the possibility of vapor lock in the pump.This measurement is equal to 16 feet head of MOGAS.
A. 5 PSI.
B 6 PSI.
C. 10 PSI.
D. 12 PSI.