The following items will test your knowledge of the material covered in this lesson. There is only one correct
answer for each item. When you complete the exercise, check your answers with the appropriate answer key at
the end of this subcourse. If you answer any items incorrectly, go back to the part of the lesson that contains the
information involved and study again.
1. Which type of instrument measures the flow by separating the flowing stream into volumetric segments and
A. Turbine meter.
B. Inferential rate meter.
C. Positive displacement meter.
2. What type of mesh is used for a line strainer?
A. 5 mesh or more.
B. 15 mesh or more.
C. 20 mesh or more.
D. 25 mesh or more.
3. How often should the diaphragm valve on an air eliminator be checked?
4. What type of prover is used for proving small meters on tank trucks and at service station type installations?
A. Mechanical displacement prover.
B. Five-gallon prover.
C. Open volumetric prover.
D. Closed volumetric prover.
5. If a meter is out of tolerance by more than _________ for every 100 gallons registed then it must be adjusted
or taken out of service.