The following items will test your knowledge of the material covered in this lesson. There is only one correct
answer for each item. When you complete the exercise, check your answers with the appropriate answer key at
the ned of this subcourse. If you answer any items incorrectly, go back to the part of the lesson that contains the
information involved and study again.
1. What does a newly cast metal act as to an older similar metal?
2. What would you run through the pipeline to prevent material from building up?
A. Corrosion inhibitor.
D. Sacrificial anodes.
3. What are used to protect the pipeline from stray electrical current?
B. Sacrificial anodes.
C. Protective coverings.
D. Corrosion inhibitors.
4. When testing coupled and welded pipelines with compressed air, what do you pressurize the line at to the
A. 75 pounds per square inch.
B. 80 pounds per square inch.
C. 85 pounds per square inch.
D. 90 pounds per square inch.
5. What DA form is used for reporting all leaks when patrolling the pipeline?