The following items will test your knowledge of the material covered in this lesson. There is only one correct
answer for each item. When you complete the exercise, check your answers with the answer key. If you answer
any items incorrectly, go back to the part of the lesson that contains the information involved and study again.
1. What is the standard service life of a standard filter element?
A. 4 months.
B. 6 months.
C. 12 months.
D. 24 months.
2. Which of the following readings would be the maximum working pressure for the 50 GPM filter/separator?
A. 75 psi.
B. 100 psi.
C. 125 psi.
D. 150 psi.
3. What is the first step in performing before-operations maintenance on the filter/separator?
A. Ensure that all valves operate freely.
B. Make a visual check for leaks.
C. Ensure the ground wire is connected.
D. Ensure gaskets are in place.
4. What is the function of the filter/separator?
A. Remove solid contaminants and entrained water from liquid fuels.
B. Clean raw fuel.
C. Remove dissolved water from liquid fuels.
D. Remove commingled fuel.
5. How many stages do the filter/separators in tank vehicles (such as the M131A5C, M969, and M970 tank
semitrailers) work in?