The following items will test your knowledge of the material covered in this lesson. There is only one correct
answer for each item. When you complete the exercise, check your answers with the answer key that follows. If
you answer any items incorrectly, go back to the part of the lesson that contains the information involved and
1. How often do fire extinguishers need to be inspected in the lab?
2. Which of the following steps should you take if a person has come in contact with an electric current?
A. Drag the person away from the wire with a wet rope.
B. Use a dry wooden pole to remove the person from the wire.
C. Push the person away from the wire with your bare hands.
D. Remove the wire from the person and then turn off the switch.
3. Handling chemicals safely includes which of the following measures?
A. Never hold the container cap in your hand when pouring a sample from a container or bottle.
B. Wash contaminated clothing thoroughly before reuse.
C. Always pour water into acid.
D. Never heat mercury in an open container.
4. When developing a laboratory inspection schedule as part of the SOP, which of the following areas should
A. Electrical systems.
B. Field testing equipment.
C. Accountability of packaged fuel products.
5. Which of the following is a method that you as a supervisor can use to verify that the personnel assigned to
you are familiar with the SOP?
A. Written multiple choice examinations.
B. Monitoring of accident reports.
C. Informal oral testing.
D. Having each person develop their own SOP.