The following items will test your knowledge of the material covered in this lesson. There is only one correct
answer for each item. When you complete the exercise, check your answers with the answer key that follows. If
you answer any items incorrectly, go back to the part of the lesson that contains the information involved and
1. Which of the following tests detects weathering in product?
A. Foam, lead, and color tests.
B. Existent gum and potential gum tests.
C. Distillation and RVP tests.
D. Oxidation stability and cloud/pour tests.
2. Which of the following conditions contributes to oxidation?
A. Ineffective vapor systems.
B. Use of above ground tanks.
C. Presence of water bottoms that cannot be moved.
D. Long term storage with poor stock procedures.
3. When inspecting the appearance of a product, what can a haze indicate?
A. Loss of additives.
B. High levels of dry gum.
C. Low RVP.
D. High IBP.
4. Which of the following affects ASA and SDA levels in a product?
B. Water bottoms.
5. Which of the following is indicated by a high RVP?