The following items will test your knowledge of the material covered in this lesson. There is only one correct
answer for each item. When you complete the exercise, check your answers with the answer key that follows. If
you answer any items incorrectly, go back to the part of the lesson that contains the information involved and
1. When is contamination with other products most likely to occur?
A. During receiving and distribution.
B. During inspection.
C. During sampling and gaging.
D. During transportation and storage.
2. Fine sediment can be removed to a limited degree by which of the following?
A. Absence of water.
B. Settling, filtration, or centrifuging.
C. Reduction of commingling.
D. Improved quality surveillance.
3. Microbiological growth occurs in the presence of what?
A. Fine sediment.
B. Coarse sediment.
D. Fibrous materials.
4. How are sampling and gaging procedures monitored at an aviation unit refueling facility?
A. Inspecting product rotation history and reviewing completed DA Form 2077.
B. Keeping aviation fuel free of solid and water contamination before sampling and gaging.
C. Installing filter/separators and reviewing DA Form 4702-R.
D. Verifying annotation in sample log box and inspecting sample submission procedures.
5. Providing assistance in the investigation of aircraft crashes is part of which of the following procedures at an
aviation unit refueling facility?