DA Form 2407 Completion. Section I Customer Data. Blocks (BLK) 1, 5, 6, 7, 10a, 10b, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16,
20, and 24 are mandatory if equipment is inoperable. Inoperable equipment is equipment that is not-mission-
capable (NMC), in accordance with AR 700-138, a subsystem of a reportable weapon system, or command
(1a) UIC Customer: Enter the UIC of the customer that owns the equipment.
(1b) Customer Unit Name: Enter the name of the unit identified by the UIC in Block 1a.
(1c) Phone Number: Enter the phone number of the unit identified by the UIC in Block 1a.
(2a) SAMS2UIC/SAMSI/Table of Distribution and Allowances (TDA): If in transit, enter UIC for
SAMS2 or SAMS1/TDA unit.
(2b) Utilization Code: Enter Utilization Code. See Appendix B (Maintenance Management Update 3-
(2c) MCSR Item: Print the word "yes" or the letter "Y" if the item is reported under AR 700-138. This
also applies to components and subsystems of an item/system that is reportable. If not, leave this
Section lI Maintenance Activity Data: To be completed by support maintenance Direct Support Unit
(DSU)/General Support Unit (GSU)/Aviation Intermediate Maintenance (AVIM)/DEPOT.
Section III Equipment Data.
Type MNT REQ Code: Enter the Type Maintenance Request Code. Appendix B, Table B-20
(Maintenance Management Update 3-14), lists the codes.
ID: Enter the Identification (ID) Code as shown below that identifies the type of number you will
enter in Block 7.
- A: National/NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) Stock Number.
- C: Manufacturer's Code and Reference Number (Part Number).
- D: Management Control Number (MCN).
- P: Other Numbers.
NSN: Enter the National Stock Number or appropriate number identified in Block 6.
Model: Enter model number.
Noun: Enter noun nomenclature of item.
(10a) ORGWON/DOC NO: Enter organization work order number or organization document number.
(10b) EIC: Enter the end item code (EIC). See Army Master Data File (AMDF).
(11) Serial Number
- Enter the serial number of the item in Block 9.
- For nontactical wheeled vehicles, use the register number.
- Leave blank if the form is used for more than one item.
- Leave blank if the equipment has more than one serial number.
- Mandatory entry if equipment is (inoperable) INOP.
(12) QTY: Enter the number of items. (Must be only one item listed if equipment is reportable under
AR 700-138 and is NMC.)
(13) PD: Enter the Priority Designator (See DA Pam 710-2-1).
(14) Malfunction Description (DS, GS, AVIM, Depot Use).
(15a) Failure Detected During/When Discovered Code.
- Enter Failure Detected Code from Table B-3 or When Discovered Code from DA Pam 738-
- Leave blank if no failure occurred.
(15b) First Indication of Trouble/How Recognized Code: Enter First Indication of Trouble Code from
Table B4 or How Recognized Code from DA PAM 738-751.
(16) Miles/Kilometers/Hours/Rounds: Enter hour reading (to nearest hour) beside the "H" from the
hour meter mounted on the equipment. If the equipment has no meter, leave blank.
(17) Project Code: Enter the project code if one has been assigned. If not, leave blank.
(18) Account Processing Code: Enter the Account Processing Code (APC) if required by your unit.
The APC is a code prescribed locally for costing and budget identification of customers and
organizations (reference TM 38-711-13). If not required, leave blank.
(19) In Warranty? - enter Y or N to indicate whether equipment is still under manufacturer's warranty. If
Y, submit one work request for each serial numbered item.