Refuel MHE only in designated areas and only with the engine off.
Park MHE only in an approved area.
Use only electric-powered MHE inside a warehouse.
Establish a battery-charging area for MHE.
USING STORAGE AREA
Always have and maintain adequate lighting.
Clean up spills immediately.
3. Use yellow 3-inch stripes to mark railings and stair risers, and use yellow and black
3-inch stripes to mark pit and platform edges and bollards to mark corners or
4. Install door latches or locking devices on freezer rooms to permit the door to be
opened from the inside. Also, install bells, which can be activated inside freezer areas.
These should be checked weekly to ensure that they are operable. Mount an axe marked
with reflecting paint in each freezer room. Also, mount emergency lighting above exits.
Use only containers, pallets, and dunnage that are in good condition.
2. Stack pallet loads with a 2-inch clearance on all sides. The clearance between stacks
will permit air circulation.
3. Limit the height of the stacks based on floor load limits and the sturdiness of the
containers. Where installed, maintain an 18-inch clearance below sprinklers and around
lighting and heating fixtures. Regardless of the height of the stack, maintain a 36-inch
clearance between stock and the ceiling when stacking heights exceed 15 feet or when a
sprinkler system is not available.
4. When a space must be left on the pallet due to the configuration of the load, load the
pallets with a four-point level top. Leave spaces only in the center. Place partially loaded
pallets on the top of a stack, or place the supplies on a rack.
1. For interior storage, post NO SMOKING signs in areas where smoking is not