(3) You will be required to print additional copies of your document to supply to your
food advisor (FA) and to TISA. Selecting print will accomplish this; however, once this
document is sent to TISA, you cannot print copies.
(4) If a transaction (transfer) of subsistence is not going to take place after all and/or it
is not going to be sent to TISA, you cannot delete it.
b. There are circumstances in which you will need to return subsistence items to TISA (for
instance, excesses). Your Army Food Management System (AFMIS) will allow you to create the
appropriate documents and complete the turn-in processes. You must take a copy of the Turn-In
to TISA Report with you when you have subsistence items inspected by medical veterinary
personnel. Once the items have been inspected and approved for turn-in, you can release the
transfer to TISA. TISA must have a copy of the turn-in report to credit your account and adjust
your system inventory balances
(1) To begin the transfer process, from the AFMIS-DFO Main Menu select the
option which allows you to create the turn-in document.
(2) Once this document is created, it is held in your database until you are ready to
review and send it to TISA. You can send this transfer to TISA with or without reviewing it;
however, you cannot make changes after you release it to TISA. If you have changes, you must
contact TISA before your transfer is processed. Select the menu option that allows you to review
and release your document.
(3) You have the ability to print additional copies, but remember, once this document is
released to TISA, you cannot print copies.
(4) Should you choose not to send a transfer to TISA, then delete it from the system.
7. Supporting Unit Training From Your Dining Facility. AFMIS allows you to track
subsistence for these types of transfers: either issuing to a unit, or receiving unused subsistence
from a unit. You will use this type of transfer to record A-Rations, B-Rations, and Operational
a. When a unit commander submits a memorandum requesting support for unit training,
you can begin the transfer process. Select the menu option that allows you to create this
b. Once you have created this form and you have a working copy, an individual from the
unit will arrive to sign for the subsistence. If you need to make any adjustments to this document,
you will need to select the update option. Select update.
c. If extra copies of this document are needed, you have a menu selection to do this. When
a unit no longer requires support and no subsistence items have been signed for, you can delete
the record from your system.