(d) What did you do?
(2) Some of the most common error messages are listed in Appendix B of the AFMIS
End Users Manual (AISM 25-L37-AJK-ATT-EM4).
(3) It is your responsibility to record the details and notify your supervisor. If you can
not solve the problem, contact the AFMIS SA. Give him/her the details you recorded.
Stopping and Suspending Work.
(1) To return to the AFMIS-DFO main menu, select the exit option letter from the
menu you are working in.
(2) To return to the login screen, select "X" from any menu. At the prompt (>), type
"exit" or press [CTRL][D]. The login screen is displayed. You can then turn the equipment off
or log back in to the system.
(3) To interrupt processing, press [DELETE]. A message or Interrupt Ring Menu is
displayed. Be careful when using this key because the information you entered may not be
5. System Capabilities. System capabilities are covered in Section 4 of the AFMIS End Users
Manual. This section contains step-by-step examples of using AFMIS DFO menu options. You
can use the AFMIS DFO subsystem menu flowchart in Appendix A to help you follow along.
a. AFMIS-DFO Subsystem Structure. The AFMIS-DFO subsystem is a menu-driven
system. By making a menu selection, you can choose what area you want to begin working in.
A menu screen is like a road map. You can find out where you are and determine where you
want to go from any menu displayed. The system is based on a building block concept
consisting of functions, subfunctions, processes, and subprocesses.
b. The DFO Subsystem consists of eight functions. Each major function contains a group
of subfunctions, processes, or subprocesses.
c. A subfunction is the second level of menu options or the data entry screen displayed for
a function. You can begin entering information at this point based on the subfunction you select.
d. A process is the third level of menu options or the data entry screen displayed for a
subfunction. You can begin entering information at this point based on the process you select.
e. A subprocess is the lowest level of data entry screen for a process. You select it from
the third level of menu options.