(3) Put the flat end into the ribbon plate. Then, lower the front of the cartridge over the
printhead. When it is positioned correctly, snap it into place.
(4) To tighten up the ribbon, turn the take-up knob to the right or in the direction of the
(5) Use the head-gap lever to adjust the ribbon for the type and thickness of the paper
or form you are using.
(a) For single sheets or continuous-feed forms, set the lever to 1.
(b) For multiple sheets or continuous-feed carbon sets, set it to 2.
(c) For extra thick paper, set it to 3.
(6) When you are finished, close the access cover.
(7) For more information, see the manufacturer's guide.
f. Visual Display Screen. The monitor is an interactive visual display screen for keyboard
entries, system messages, and other data. It has a green 14-inch diagonal display.
(1) The cursor is a highlighted block (▓) on the screen. You can move the cursor
around by using the [SPACE BAR], [BACKSPACE], [RETURN], ARROW, or FUNCTION
(2) Eight function key labels (Figure 4-3) are displayed at the bottom of the screen.
The function keys are set up when your equipment is installed.