d. Navy Reserve Capabilities.
(1) The Navy's ELS is headquartered at Cheatham Annex, Williamsburg, Virginia. Manned
primarily by reservists, this command, as its title implies, provides logistics support (cargo handling, port
receiving, and fuel support) to expeditionary forces.
(2) The ELSF's fuel mission is met by ABFC tank farm units.
(3) ELSF has 10 of these 22-person units. Each unit is comprised of a Lieutenant Commander CO; a
Lieutenant XO; Chief Petty Officer (the equivalent of an NCOIC); and 19 enlisted personnel primarily from the
Navy's Construction Battalion ("SeaBee") and engineering specialties.
(4) The ABFC units are trained such that when they are mobilized, they will be responsible for Navy
expeditionary onshore fuel support (when other support is not available or adequate).
(5) The ABFC tank farm units have two missions: to augment fixed facilities, and to
establish/operate tactical fuel facilities.
(6) Each ABFC unit is required to attend a 6-day course conducted at the U.S. Army Quartermaster
Center and School, Fort Lee, Virginia. This course is extended to a full 10 days to incorporate unit proficiency
certification, which each unit is required to complete every 4 years.