(9) Exercise administrative direction over DLA elements consistent with that which is exercised over
other DOD components.
(10) Advise the Director, DLA of any recommended changes to or dissatisfactions with the type,
adequacy, and responsiveness of logistical support provided by DLA. Unresolved issues are referred to CJCS for
(11) Make maximum use of available tocks in adjacent theaters to support regional contingency
(12) Coordinate the quality surveillance program within the command.
(13) Establish SAPOs as necessary to provide in country or regional staff management functions.
(14) Direct tactical movement of fuel by means available to any DOD component in a theater of
f. Responsibilities of the Defense Logistics Agency.
(1) Execute the IMM responsibility for bulk petroleum products. The responsibilities under IMM
(a) Plan, program, budget, and fund facility, maintenance, and repair, and construction of new
permanent storage and associated distribution facilities.
(b) Design and execute maintenance, repair, and construction projects in coordination with the
military services and unified commanders.
(c) Plan, program, budget, and fund for contract storage and associated services in support of the
DLA bulk petroleum management mission.
(d) Negotiate and conclude international agreements, in conjunction with the CINCs, to provide
bulk petroleum products, additives, laboratory testing, facilities; pipelines, and related services.
(2) Develop contingency support plans in concert with unified commanders to acquire the necessary
petroleum products, storage, and/or associated services in support of military needs.
(3) Provide technical support involving military specifications when operational needs require the
use of other-than-specified fuels. The support will be coordinated with the military technical authorities.