The following items will test your knowledge of the material covered in this lesson. There is only one correct
answer for each item. When you complete the exercise, check your answers with the answer key. If you answer
any items incorrectly, go back to the part of the lesson that contains the information involved and study again.
1. As a petroleum supply senior NCO, which of the following is a method of determining the status of fire
and safety training in your unit?
MOS training scores.
Periodic inspections and drills.
2. Personnel involved in gaging activities must be trained to always perform which of the following actions
before gaging storage tanks and tank vehicles?
Have the wind at their back.
Bond themselves to the tank.
A and B.
3. After a fire is discovered and the alarm is sounded personnel should ____________________.
Select a fire extinguisher.
Call the fire department.
Determine the class of the fire.
Move all vehicles from the area.
4. When working on a fire line, personnel should stay how many feet from their nearest co-worker?
5. As a petroleum facility supervisor, you should be aware that lead dust can result from which of the
Burning sludge taken from leaded gasoline storage tanks.
Sandblasting of the outer skin of a leaded gasoline storage tank.
Welding repair operations to a leaded gasoline storage tank.
All of the above.