The following items will test your knowledge of the material covered in this lesson. There is only one correct
answer for each item. When you complete the exercise, check your answers with the answer key. If you answer
any items incorrectly, go back to the part of the lesson that contains the information involved and study again.
1. Major federal laws and regulations can be found in __________.
2. What are the three main categories of each environmental risk assessment matrix?
Mission, enemy, and time.
SOPs, training performance standards, and rehearsals.
Air pollution, noise pollution, and water pollution.
Risk impact value, environmental area, and unit operation.
3. When laws, regulations, and policy do not necessarily apply, how should environmental issues be
Base decisions on laws in a similar environment.
Apply laws that are average for the area.
Assume that the toughest laws apply.
Apply the laws from the nearest location.
3. How far should you ensure that containers holding ignitable or reactive wastes be located from the
installation's property line?
4. Which of the following cleanup equipment/materials should be present at the petroleum facility before
beginning any operation?
Newspaper, aluminum cans, and corrugated cardboard.
Booms, pads, and water skimmers.
Instructions, gloves, and solusorb solvent absorbent.