(2) Unsatisfactory product characteristics (off-flavor; improper size, texture,
color or odor; difficulty mixing, rehydrating, or opening; or too time-consuming to
(3) Subsistence items that do not meet the specification.
f. Items Which Should Not Be Reported. Do not report the following items on DD
(1) Damage caused by inadequate packaging, packing, or marking. Standard
Form 364 should be used to report packaging or packing damage and marking
(2) Loss resulting from mishandling and improper storage at the installation.
(3) Discrepancies or losses that are resolved, corrected, or adjusted at the
installation level (for example, credit on fresh fruits and vegetables received from DSCP).
(4) Losses or damages resulting from shipper discrepancies and carrier
g. Completing DD Form 1608. Instructions for completing DD Form 1608 are
printed on the back of the form.
(1) DD Form 1608 form should be used to report all unsatisfactory conditions
on all subsistence items procured by the Defense Supply Center-Philadelphia and is not
limited to those in nonconformance with specification requirements. Timely reporting is
essential so that action, if appropriate, may be started prior to expiration of the warranty
period. When unsatisfactory conditions are not related to specification requirements,
special attention should be given to Item 17.
(2) Photographs are an excellent method for illustrating the exact nature of
many discrepancies. Inspection and testing records should be forwarded with the UMR,
when appropriate. Use additional sheets as necessary and identify with related item
(3) ITEM 3. State complete name and address.
(4) ITEM 4a. State nomenclature in sufficient detail to ensure (identity include
as necessary, type, grade, class, etc.). (See Federal Supply Catalog C-8900-SL or Master
Item Identification List.)
(5) ITEM 4b. AFCLSAC (Armed Forces Consumer Level Subsistence
Appraisal Committee). Self-explanatory.