(5) Knives used safely.
(6) Garrison equipment operated safely.
(7) Notification given when working behind others.
Ensure preliminary food preparation procedures are followed:
(1) Read and interpret Production Schedule.
(2) Read and interpret recipe cards.
(3) Prepare equipment for use.
(4) Assemble all necessary ingredients.
(5) Assemble all necessary utensils.
(6) Coordinate with the food service sergeant on procedural changes necessary
due to lack of equipment and/or ingredients.
Ensure personnel prepare foods properly:
(1) Weigh or measure each ingredient.
(2) Process ingredients for use.
(3) Combine ingredients properly.
(4) Apply dry/moist heat according to the recipe or refrigerate noncooked items.
(5) Check foods while cooking: noncooked foods during preparation.
(6) Check degree of doness.
Ensure assigned personnel do following for set-up of serving lines:
(1) Prepare cook to order items properly.
(2) Assemble hot and cold sandwiches.
(3) Portion serving as directed.
(4) Maintain sanitary standards.