Situation: Complete the DD Form 1608 (Unsatisfactory Material Report (Subsistence))
(at Appendix A) using the following situation and your extracts.
1. You are food service sergeant Abram Maclah, E-7, assigned to a dining facility at Fort
Indiantown Gap, building number 360, at 1208 Thunderbird Street, New Castle, DE
19720. Your duty phone number is Commercial (203) 627-4773 and DSN 213-4773. You
are attached to 119th Maint Bn.
2. During a quarterly Subsistence Item Survey, one of the subsistence items surveyed is
found to be severely deficient. The item is hamburger meat supplied by Bargain Beef
from its plant at 5001 River Road, Alexandria, VA 22333-0001. The meat is off-color
and a potential health hazard. The meat's NSN is 8999-00-189-5117. It is listed as, "Meat,
3. The food item comes to your facility from the supply point, Camp Barnum, 3333 Old
Bay Lane, Havre De Grace, MD 21078. It has contract number ZZE717-90-V-9433,
contractor lot number 15, product code NR, and requisition number W33QlR592297052.
The supplies were packed on 2 February 1989, and received on 7 February 1989.
4. The Subsistence Item Survey (SIS) examined the entire shipment of 35 cases of 50
pounds each. Hamburger patty units are measured in pounds. The quantity on hand is 33
5. You immediately notify ACES by telephone, so the wholesale stocks are put on hold.
You called the office of Captain Richard Gutner on 89/2/20 at approximately 11:00 AM,
6. Next, you must submit DD Form 1608 (Unsatisfactory Material Report (Subsistence))
to ACES within 3 working days with an appropriate annotation. You recommend that the
contractor be inspected or replaced as a supplier of this food item.
7. You begin the DD Form 1608 (Unsatisfactory Material Report (Subsistence)) on the
20th of February 1989, and you complete it now on the 22nd of February 1989. You will
then send the form to:
Director, Army Center of Excellence, Subsistence
1201 22nd Street
Fort Lee, VA 23801-1601