(2) Paying attention to detail and have patience so details are not missed.
(3) Go slowly enough for the trainee to follow the demonstration.
(4) Ask questions to make sure that the trainee understands the operation.
(5) Review frequently to make sure that the pace is not too fast.
Have the trainee try the operation.
(1) Ask the trainee to demonstrate the operation and explain each step. Ask questions
about what, how, and why a step is done. These questions reinforce the learning process.
(2) Correct errors with tact.
Follow up on the training.
(1) Let the trainee function independently.
(2) Tell the trainee to come to the trainer for help or materials.
(3) Give further instruction if necessary.
Now that you are aware of your responsibilities as a Senior First Cook/ Food Operations
Sergeant, you can perform your job in an efficient and effective manner. Encourage your trainees
to discuss the situations they have encountered and how they solved them.