The following items will test your knowledge of the material covered in this lesson. There is only one correct
answer for each item. When you complete the exercise, check your answers with the answer key. If you answer
any items incorrectly, go back to the part of the lesson that contains the information involved and study again.
1. Which of the following signs may indicate that a lube oil product has been contaminated with water?
A. Presence of gum.
B. Milky appearance.
C. Change in color.
D. Presence of gummy material on sides and bottom of container.
2. Deterioration of product is usually caused by which of the following conditions?
3. When requesting disposition instructions, as a last resort, which of the following should you contact?
A. Defense Reutilization and Marketing office (DRMO).
E. Defense Fuel Supply Center (DFSC).
F. US Army General Materiel and Petroleum Activity.
G. Higher command.
4. Which of the following is a responsibility of the QAR in relation to tanker/barge operations?
A. Furnish advance information on pending lift of products in tankers and barges.
B. Develop cargo layout and loading plans.
C. Promptly relate any delays encountered to DFSC.
D. Take an all-levels sample after the cargo has been unloaded.
5. Tanker/barge loading operations will be stopped when there is an indication of which of the following?
A. Samples have not been taken.
B. Ship and shore figures differ.
C. Initial loading rate is less than 3 feet per second.