The following items will test your knowledge of the material covered in this lesson. There is only one correct
answer for each item. When you complete the exercise, check your answers with the appropriate answer key at
the end of this subcourse. If you answer any items incorrectly, go back to the part of the lesson that contains the
information involved and study again.
1. How far from a building must a rail car be during loading or unloading operations?
A. 50 feet.
B. 75 feet.
C. 100 feet.
D. 150 feet.
2. What is the minimum number of cables required to bond and ground a rail tank car?
3. When a receiving tank already contains product, to what degree Fahrenheit should the product be corrected?
A. 45 degrees Fahrenheit.
B. 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
C. 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
D. 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. A soldier is stationed on the windward side of the dome to
A. Watch for unauthorized activity in the area.
B. Alert the pump operator if a train approaches.
C. Alert the pump operator when the tank is full.
D. Alert the pump operator of electrical storm activity.
5. Loading and unloading through the dome
A. Should only be done when no other means of loading or unloading is available.
B. Presents a potential fire hazard.
C. Is an acceptable method of transfer in all situations.
D. A and B.