The following items will test your knowledge of the material covered in this lesson. There is only one correct
answer for each item. When you complete the exercise, check your answers with the answer key. If you answer
any items incorrectly, go back to the part of the lesson that contains the information involved and study again.
1. What information does MIL-HDBK-200 provide?
A. Clear, concise, and accurate description of the technical requirements of a material or product and the
procedures for determining when requirements have been met.
B. General instructions and procedures to be used worldwide by the military services in quality surveillance
of government-owned fuels, lubricants, and related products.
C. Test methods adopted for use by federal agencies.
D. Majority of test procedures used by petroleum laboratory technicians.
2. Which of the following is a step in the test evaluation process?
A. Filter all samples according to the test method.
B. Use supernatant on all chemicals to prevent cloudiness.
C. Use the manometer on all samples to determine the correction factor.
D. Perform all steps in the proper sequence.
3. Which of the following information is transferred from DA Form 1804 to the heading of DA Form 2077?
A. Specification No.
B. Date Test Started.
C. Sample No.
D. Lab Report No.
4. What should you do if incorrect test procedures are discovered?
A. Call the submitting unit.
B. Observe the technician carefully.
C. Stop the test and identify all errors.
D. Forward the results to the requesting agency
5. During test evaluation how will you determine the test to be performed?
A. Look up the carbon residue test in the specification.
B. Call the submitting unit.
C. Look it up in MIL-HDBK-200.
D. Annual Book of ASTM Standards.