(4) The register will be completed in accordance with DA Pamphlet 738-750.
DA Form 3988-R (Dining Facility Equipment Replacement Record).
(1) The DA Form 3988-R is used to do the following:
(a) Identify that kitchen equipment (electrical, mechanical, nonelectrical, and
nonmechanical) by make, model, and age needing engineer support.
(b) Develop equipment replacement budget estimates for inclusion in the annual
OMA, OPA budget.
(c) The FSS or commander will update the DA Form 3988-R when a piece of
equipment is replaced, turned in, or deleted from use, or annually, as required by the CONUSA.
A single entry will be made for each piece of electrical or mechanical equipment on the DA
(d) Nonelectrical or nonmechanical equipment with the same national stock
number (NSN) and non- serial numbered equipment may be listed on the same line.
(2) The senior unit's representative for the ARNG armory or USAR center will do the
(a) Establish a DA Form 3988-R for each existing dining facility and when
opening a new, modernized, or renovated dining or USAR center.
(b) Provide an original and three copies of DA Form 3988-R to the responsible
(c) Notify the food advisor within five working days when a piece of equipment is
replaced, installed, or deleted.
(d) Initiate action to ensure that the replacement equipment requirement is
submitted to the responsible food advisor.
(3) The FSS or commander should also follow up on requisitions every 90 days until
the equipment is received.
(4) The responsible food advisor will do the following:
(a) Review and verify the accuracy of the dining facility DA Form 3988-R and
sign the form.