1. The AFMIS End User Manual. The objective of the end user manual for the dining facility
operations (DFO) subsystem (AISM 25-L37-AJK-ATT-EM4) is to provide the end user with
important information, to include the operation of the DFO terminal hardware.
a. Purpose of the System. AFMIS is an automated food management information and
Class I supply system designed to improve subsistence accountability, automate headcount
procedures, and enhance the overall efficiency of Army Food Program resources.
The system consists of three major subsystems.
(1) The Troop Issue Subsistence Activity (TISA)/Troop Issue Subsistence Activity
Warehouse (TISA-W) Subsystem is for use at each Troop Issue Subsistence Activity location
throughout the Army. This subsystem provides automated inventory control; stock accounting;
and issue, receipt, storage, and financial accounting records for all Class I supplies.
(2) The Installation Food Advisor (IFA) Subsystem is for use at the installation food
advisor level throughout the Army. This subsystem provides automated reports, inquiries, file
maintenance, and equipment control procedures to monitor dining facility operations.
(3) The Dining Facility Operations (DFO) Subsystem is for use in each Army dining
facility. This subsystem provides automated inventory control, receipt processing, menu
planning, headcount procedures, and accounting records for the dining facility operation.
References used within AFMIS include the following:
(1) Project directive: Defense Audit Service (DAS) Report on the Audit of the DOD
Food Service Program, dated 28 May 1980 (No. 80-106).
(2) AT&T 700 Terminal User's Guide, March 1991.
(3) AT&T Asynchronous Terminal Interfaces MIL-STD 188-114A and RS-449 User's
Guide Supplement, September 1988.
(4) Okidata Microline 320/321 Setup Guide, April 1988.
(5) Okidata Microline 320/321 Reference Guide, June 1989.
(6) Racal-Milgo RMD 3221 Modem User's Guide, April 1989.
(7) Portable Data Collection Device (PDCD) JANUS 2012 User's Guide 1994.
(8) Smart Card Breakout Box User's Guide, April 1994.
(1) AR 30-1 (The Army Food Service Program).
(2) AR 30-18 (Army Troop Issue Subsistence Activity Operating Procedures).
(3) AR 600-38 (Meal Card Management System).