c. Backwash the
(1) Disconnect one dispensing hose from the distribution pump and
connect the auxiliary fill hose to the pump.
(2) Pass the auxiliary fill hose through the doorway and connect it
to the clean/flush tank overflow hose.
Push the distribution pump off
pushbutton and turn the selector switch on the distribution pump to the ON
position if you want to control the pump from the switch panel inside the
(3) Turn the distribution pump on.
Fill the clean/flush tank to the
50 gallon level and turn off the pump.
(4) Remove the chemical port cover and pour in one small bag of
Clean off any chemical that remains in the port opening and
replace the chemical port cover.
(5) Fill the tank to the top of the sight glass by starting and
stopping the distribution pump.
d. Flush the piping if you have been operating from a seawater or
brackish water source. This flush is critical when operating on sea water.
Failure to flush will result in pipe corrosion and failure.
procedure is needed have the crew perform the following:
(1) Fill the clean/flush tank with potable water and set the
operation mode switch to "system clean".
Push the "initiate" pushbutton.
Set the system mode switch to "system on".
(2) Open the feed valve and close the cleaning bypass valve.
the cartridge filter block valve.
(3) Push the media filter flush valve pushbutton to open the valve.
Start the booster pump and hold the pushbutton in until pressure rises above
10 psig. When the clean/flush tank empties and the pump stops, push "system
reset" if alarm sounds.
(4) Repeat steps (1) through (3) for a second flush.