- Set chemical feed pump valves to prime and control knobs to the
- Open the regulate product flow valve and the vent product water
valve. Wait five minutes before opening the vent vessel valve.
- Open the vent vessel's valve, vent cartridge filter, vent pulse
dampener, and vent multimedia.
- Set pump switches to off in sequence R.O. pump, booster pump,
chemical feed pump, raw water pump number 2, and raw water pump number one.
For normal shutdown for more than 24 hours, perform backwash of the
For extended shutdown, perform R.O. element cleaning
procedures and any other procedures outlined in the technical manual for
PART F - BACKWASH OF THE 600-GPH ROWPU
Check that the soldiers
Multimedia filter gauge rises 5 psid above initial log reading, or
ROWPU is shut down for more than 24 hours.
The procedures for normal backwash are as follows:
Perform normal shutdown.
Check that the element cleaning switch is off.
Set backwash valve in backwash position.
Check that the brine tank is full and open gate valve.
- Open vent plug on backwash pump to check for prime of the pump.
Close vent plug when a steady stream flows from the vent plug.
- Set backwash pump switch to run, and wait for backwash cycle to