(2) Subsistence in House Physical Check. The FOS must ensure that the items that
are on the BOH match up to the amount actually in-house. This is confirmed and updated every
week with a weekly inventory report.
(3) Master Item File (MIF) Review. The IFA updates the MIF every Monday and
check items added or deleted from this list. It is important to remember that the TISA or Prime
Vendor initiates the update process, but the IFA must send this information to the dining
(a) DFO = U/I, U/P
(b) IFA = U/I, U/P, U/Pack, U/Pack Qty
(c) PV Catalog
(1) Updated Shopping Lists. Once a shopping list is created, the FOS modifies and
adjusts the shopping list prior to it being sent to the TISA or Prime Vendor.
(2) Projected Account Status Review. Used to assist in the SFOS in looking forward
to see projected costs for future meals being programmed.
(3) Processing Shopping Lists. Once shopping lists are sent down to the Prime Vendor
or TISA they cannot be changed.
The following items will test your grasp of the material covered in this lesson. There is only one
correct answer for each item. When you complete the exercise, check your answers with the
answer key that follows. If you answer any item incorrectly, study again that part of the lesson
that contains the portion involved.
1. Subsistence Checklists ensure production schedules for the time period being covered are
initiated and complete.