The following items will test your knowledge of the material covered in this lesson. There is only one correct
answer for each item. When you complete the exercise, check your answers with the answer key. If you answer
any items incorrectly, go back to the part of the lesson that contains the information involved and study again.
1. When supervising quality surveillance measures for loading and discharging of petroleum tankers and
barges, which of the following is the main difference between inspecting tankers and barges prior to loading?
A. Physical entry is required only in tankers.
B. Vessel loading plans need to be reviewed only for barges.
C. Physical entry is required only in barges.
D. Vessel loading plans need to be reviewed only for tankers.
2. For which of the following is DD Form 250-1 used during the discharge of tankers and barges?
A. Giving approval for discharge of tankers and barges to proceed.
B. Recording shipping and handling losses/gains for tankers and barges over 0.5 percent at discharge
C. Verifying that sampling and testing are performed correctly for pipelines.
D. Reporting any quantity discrepancy in excess of 0.3 percent for pipelines.
3. Which of the following is a procedure for inspecting tank cars and tank trucks prior to loading?
A. Verify that all-levels samples are taken from each cargo tank.
B. Verify that DD Form 250-1 is completed.
C. Examine each cargo tank to determine if any government-owned product is ROB.
D. Look for any foreign objects that may have fallen into the tank.
4. When inspecting documents covering tank car and tank truck loading, which of the following should be
A. The quantities of product estimated as ROB are entered on DD Form 250-1.
B. The corrected API gravity, provided by the contractor, is annotated on the loading documents.
C. The sampling and gaging results are entered on the continuation sheet.
D. The quantities of product estimated as FOB are entered on the ullage report.
5. Which of the following is a procedure for performing quality surveillance on pipeline movements?
A. Verify that the contractor maintains a record of test results.
B. Verify water is stripped before pipeline movement of product.
C. Witness the cutting of tenders or batches into pipeline receiving tanks.
D. Check calculation of API gravity.