The following items will test your knowledge of the material covered in this lesson. There is only one correct
answer for each item. When you complete the exercise, check your answers with the answer key. If you answer
any items incorrectly, return to the section where the material was covered and study the material again.
1. When managing the setup of the Raw Water Intake System, which of the following needs to be done with
A. The intake strainer needs to be placed in the center of the river.
B. The intake strainer needs to be placed at least 50 feet from the shore.
C. The intake strainer needs to be placed as close to the shore as possible.
D. The intake strainer needs to be placed as close to the opposite shore as possible.
2. Who is responsible to enforce a preventive maintenance program?
A. You, the supervisor.
B. The operator.
C. DMMC personnel.
D. Maintenance personnel.
3. Which of the following is a common deficiency when managing troubleshooting?
A. Personnel do not backwash the media filter often enough.
B. Personnel do not replace the RO elements often enough.
C. Personnel perform PMCS and troubleshoot without reference to the proper manuals.
D. Personnel do not perform detergent cleaning and citric acid cleaning properly.
4. Which of the following is preferred for determining supply requirements for the ROWPUs?
A. DA Form 2404.
B. Equipment Data Specifications.
C. Consumables Tables.
D. Historical Data.
5. Which of the following is one of the most common deficiencies noted during inspections of water points?
B. The performance of PMCS with technical manuals.
C. Traffic routes through the water point are posted.
D. Waste lines farther than 25 yards from intake suction hoses.