The following items will test your knowledge of the material covered in this lesson. There is only one correct
answer for each item. When you complete the exercise, check your answers with the appropriate answer key at
the end of this subcourse. If you answer any items incorrectly, go back to the part of the lesson that contains the
information involved and study again.
1. How many soldiers are needed to lay out and assemble the assault hose line?
2. What should the safety briefing held prior to the start of the mission include?
A. Procedures for guarding against tampering or pilferage.
B. The standardized safety briefing provided in the unit SOP.
C. Proper responses to any safety or environmental hazards.
D. Detailed scenarios and solutions for all possible hazard situations.
3. If the temperature is below 40 degrees Fahrenheit, you may have to_____________________________.
A. Apply heat tape to the length of the hoseline.
B. Use the hoseline packing kit to get the hose in the flaking box.
C. Decrease the distance between pumping units.
D. Increase the distance between pumping units.
4. When testing the assault hoseline prior to use, you should increase the pressure in increments of
A. 20 PSI.
B. 30 PSI.
C. 40 PSI.
D. 50 PSI.
5. What qualities should an efficient communication system have for the operation and maintenance of military
A. The system must keep traffic to a minimum to avoid enemy interception.
B. The system must be easy to disassemble and prepare for movement.
C. The system must be dependable, separate, and continuous.
D. The system must be monitored constantly for encryption purposes.