Close gate valve on brine tank.
- Perform normal startup and operate for at least five minutes to
flush the multimedia filter. Continue operation as the mission dictates.
PART G - CITRIC ACID FEED
Check that the soldiers perform citric acid feed after every 20 hours of
operation to remove minor amounts of scaling that accumulate during
Ensure soldiers wear goggles, gloves, and apron when mixing
chemicals. Check that the soldiers perform the following procedure during
- Mix .75 pound of citric acid with 3 gallons of brine water for two
- Pour into citric-acid-marked container, and connect the container to
the green tubes on the chemical feed pump.
- Check that the feed control knob is set to the maximum position and
set citric acid run/prime valve to prime.
Wait 10 minutes, and draw a 250-ml water sample from the brine hose.
- Check pH of water sample.
If the pH is between 5 to 8 set the
run/prime valve to prime and continue operations as needed. If the pH is
over 8, mix 1.5 pounds of citric acid with 3 gallons of brine water for two
minutes and repeat the above procedures.
PART H - REVERSE OSMOSIS CLEANING OF THE 600-GPH ROWPU
Ensure the soldiers know when R.O. element cleaning is required.
R.O. vessel's gauge rises over 100 psid, or
Product water is over 1000 ppm TDS, or
- R.O. pressure gauge rises over 960 psi for salt water and less than
6 GPM on product flow gauge, or
- R.O. pressure gauge rises over 500 psi for fresh water and product
flow gauge indicates less than 10 GPM.