(1) Period. Enter the accounting period in which the transaction will take place. All
unused lines at the end of the accounting period will be lined out. The first entry for the new
accounting period will be "balance forward" and the number of meals on hand entered in
(2) Unit. Enter the complete name of organization to include installation and zip code.
(3) Type of Operational Ration. Place a check beside box lunch or the type of box
lunch or operational ration being issued. Only one type of box lunch or operational ration may be
entered on each form. For example, if a unit issues or receives MREs and long-range patrol
ration (LRPRs), then one form is required to annotate all transactions regarding MREs and
another form required to annotate all transactions regarding LRPRs.
(4) Date. Enter the date on which the transaction took place. The term transaction will
be defined as: when the cumulative balance of meals on hand (column F) will change.
(5) Meals Drawn. Enter the number of meals drawn from TISA or supporting dining
facility as reflected on the issue document used to complete the transfer.
(6) Meals Issued. Enter the number of meals issued to groups, activities, or
(7) Headcount Meals Consumed. Enter the total number of box lunches or operational
rations that can be supported by headcount data only. When this entry is posted to the form, it
will be posted on the same line as the issue.
(8) Meals Turned In. Enter the number of meals or operational rations turned in by
requesting units or individuals. When this entry is posted to the form, it will be posted on a
separate line since this is a transaction and will affect the Cumulative Balance of Meals On Hand
(9) Cumulative Balance of Meals on Hand. Enter the balance of meals on hand after
each transaction by adding meals received or subtracting (meals issued) from the previous
(10) Unit, Individual, or Activity Issued to. Enter the name of the unit, group, activity,
or individual and unit who received the box lunches or operational ration meals.
(11) Signature of Individual Receiving Meals. The person authorized to receive meals
will sign his or her grade and payroll signature legibly.
(12) Issued By. The person who issued the meals will enter his or her initials.
(13) Remarks. Enter all relevant information clarifying any transactions or actions
taken that are not clear in column b through f or that will enhance control and audit of
operational rations and box lunches.