(2) The Senior Food Operations Sergeant will record in the appropriate blocks of the
DA Form 3033 (Headcount Record) the number of box lunch meals provided for each category
of personnel supported.
(3) Box lunches prepared from the regular menu (in-house ingredients) will be
accounted for (and credit earned by the dining facility) in the same manner as for a regular meal
(4) Local menus developed using in-house ingredients must be approved in writing by
the Chief Food Operations Management NCO providing supervisory support to the dining
Individually Packaged Operational Meals/Rations.
a. Requisitioning. Operational meals/ rations will be requisitioned using the DA Form
3161 (Request for Issue or Turn-in). Meals, ready to eat (MRE)s will be requested in box lots
only (12 meals per box). Prepare and submit DA Form 3161 (minimum of 3 copies) and submit
it to the supporting Troop Issue Subsistence Activity (TISA).
b. Issues. Individuals, groups, or units requiring operational rations will submit a
memorandum to the supporting dining facility. The individual designated to pick up operational
rations will sign the DA Form 5309-R for the total number of meals received.
c. Headcount Data to Support the Use of Operational Rations. Operational rations will be
supported by the appropriate headcount data.
(1) A separate DA Form 3032 will be used when operational rations are served. The
form will be annotated on top and bottom with the type of rations being used.
(2) The number of operational rations sold for cash will be annotated in the remarks
block of DD Form 1544.
(3) Headcount data from operational rations is annotated on DA Form 3033.
d. Accounting. The support dining facility will maintain a record of all operational rations
on DA Form 5309-R.
4. Preparation of DA Form 5309-R. Complete DA Form 5309-R when box lunch ingredients
are received at the dining facility. Attach the DA Form 5309-R to the MFR (requesting box
lunches) and DA Form 3034 for filing.
a. When an individual is designated to pick up operational rations for individuals, groups,
or units, the designated individual will sign the DA Form 5309-R for the total number of meals
The DA Form 5309-R fields are listed below: