(1) Establish and provide policy guidance on DOD bulk petroleum logistics.
(2) Resolve any conflicts on industry allocation of bulk petroleum in coordination with DOE, FEMA,
and other Federal agencies.
f. Chairman, JCS is primarily responsible for allocating bulk petroleum stocks to military services when
bulk petroleum requirements exceed DOD stocks.
g. Unified Command JPOs will:
(1) Submit the POLCAP and the REPOL as required.
(a) POLCAP gives the JCS an overview of the status of bulk petroleum support capabilities for
contingency requirements in a specific theater or subtheater.
(b) REPOL gives the JCS an overview of damage and capabilities of bulk petroleum facilities,
storage, and distribution systems
(2) Allocate emergency fuel requirements for the period D+60 to D+180.
(3) Allocate bulk petroleum stocks to component commands when stockage levels do not meet
i. Component Commanders in the Unified Command will slate requirements for bulk petroleum from
D+60 to D+180 in 30-day increments with the JPO.
j. Each of the Military Services will:
(1) Compute BPWRS requirements IAW DOD 4140.25M, Chapter 11.
(2) Support JPOs with POLCAP and REPOL data for each service.
(3) Coordinate release of BPWRS with DESC and JPOs.
(4) Operate and maintain DFSPs and maintain POS and BPWRS levels at those DFSPs under their
k. DLA/DESC will:
(1) Consolidate bulk petroleum requirements from D+60 to D+180 NLT D+35. Any requirements
for that time period that cannot be filled by normal contracting will be submitted to the DUSD (L) for guidance.
(2) Develop plans and procedures for contingency operations.